Tuesday, April 5, 2011

heels in the air

A long time ago I had purchased a MisterS suspension sleep sack, and became comfortable moving around the weight of a person.
A boy that I was playing with asked to be hung by his ankles so that he could be used orally.
When a boy is hanging from the ceiling by his ankles, he feels vulnerable.
For these reasons, getting a boy up to the ceiling is therefor a worthwhile goal.

I decided to try this out on soundsFun.  Making sure that the boy didn't fall seemed like the most important thing. I needed to prevent impact to the head and neck.  I preferred to prevent rug burn.
I decided on the standard technique of using combat boots to spread the weight over feet and ankles. A couple loops of webbing and a couple climbing knots safely secured the ankles.
This left the two problems of getting the boy up and getting the boy down.  I fantasized about this enough to have considered both up and down.
Getting the boy up I used a set of suspension mitts on his hands which I attached to the same clips as his ankles.  Once he had been lifted, I unhooked these one at a time and lowered the arm (and the attached torso) down.  After lowering the torso the hands are restrained behind the back.
Getting the boy down is actually a bit more tricky.  Lowering onto the head or straight down the spine is really really bad.  So I attached a quick hip harness and a single strap around the chest,  This strap was then available to use as a handhold when I was lowering the boy after use. 

The position is quite useful both before and after the wrists are released.

I revisited this position with lockedSteel during a research and development session.  But this time I was better with climbing webbing.  With the rope corset single column strategy I felt that he would be safe even without the combat boots to further spread the weight.  I was reasonably sure that he wouldn't be screaming in pain.  I used panic snaps for the disconnection of the hands. 

He reported that the suspension by ankles and wrists was comfortable.  He said that suspension by just the ankles was strenuous, but fun.