Monday, October 31, 2011

the hotel bathrobe

I got back to Seattle from vacation.  On the vacation I didn't bring kink gear. 

I sat on a deck chair with a longtime acquaintance.  In a single delightful run-on sentence all of his kinks were described to me.  Halfway through the sentence was the magic word "bondage". 

I went back to my room and looked to improvise equipment.  And I saw the bathrobes.  White and fluffy with large ties at the waist.  I grabbed the ties from the two bathrobes in my room.  I expected and found two identical bathrobes with ties in his room.

The eight foot lengths of the terrycloth waistlines are shorter than I'm used to using.  Though the ropes were short they were very soft, and so worked well without many wraps. I did a short two column tie on the wrists.

The short lengths meant that the feet required a western style tie, as taught in Max's class and in the Wiseman book (not the same Wiseman that does the Amish heartthrob novels). An overhand knot is tied around a foot from the end of the rope.  Multiple wraps are then performed around the limb, fed through the same overhand knot.  The knot is tightened down around the wraps, allowing the working end of the rope to be pulled without tightening the wraps.

The ankles were connected loosely to the wrists, producing a relaxed and dynamic hogtie.  During play, rolling him to his front, back, and side emphasized different aspects of the three simple ties. 

After play I untied his hands, and disconnected the line from his arms to his ankles.  Still in the mindset of bottom, he wasn't interested in having the single column ties undone from his ankles.  He sat fondling them as we talked and relaxed.

Play resumed.  I leaned him over the side of the bed.  I lifted one of his legs to his side on the bed.  I used the line still connected to his ankle.  This was pulled over his shoulder, around under his armpit, and crossing itself.  This was then held in place with a single hand, controlling his torso and leg, and by extension the rest of his body.

This worked because the terrycloth of the bathrobe material is toothy, holding knots well, and not slipping against itself.  It is also wide enough that few wraps are necessary for comfortable controlling bondage.

It was good improvisation that made for a good day.