Thursday, January 19, 2012

lobby fun at MAL2012

We stayed at the host hotel at MAL.  During the weekend the lobby of the hotel was a very fun gay bar.  On Saturday afternoon people started to relax and hang out. 

SoundsFun and I met a German man in a straight-jacket and bishop hood.  He offered us beer and we accepted.  He asked whether soundsFun would be willing to tie him in the lobby of the hotel.  He asked whether he could be tied over his gear.  The German man told us his recon profile name, steelCollar.

Back at the room I spent a lot of time looking at his profile.  Most of the ties that I normally use were already in his profile from other tops.  But there weren't any armbinder ties, so that became my plan. 
We arrived in the lobby at 1:30pm Sunday afternoon.  SteelCollar introduced us to his friend, jonBond (that soundsFun had played with the previous evening).  JonBond asked whether it would be possible for him to be tied to steelCollar. But this is something that I haven't done before, and don't really know how.  So we negotiated down to separately doing the same ties on each of them.

Somehow it ended up that soundsFun would tie JonBond and I would tie steelCollar.  soundsFun would use the hemp rope and I would use the white synthetic rope.

SteelCollar was wearing a straight jacket unlike any I had seen before.  It was a motorcycle jacket that had custom fist mitts and belts added.  I pulled his arms back for the armbinder, but the motorcycle jacket restricted his shoulder flexibility a bit.  And the armbinder started to slip off.

I changed from using the rope-bend armbinder to a series of midrope ties.  I tied his mitts together.  I held the midrope knots in place by coiling the working end upwards around the midrope knots.

I tied a gunslinger harness on each leg.  And thought I was finished. 

But almost all of the really elegant work was outside of steelCollar's view.

So I tied a karada down his right leg where he would be able to see it.  I anchored with a larks-head to the lower knot of the gunslinger.  I tied simple overhand knots exactly one handwidth apart from his hip to his right ankle.  I opened up the space between the knots with lines crossing up the inside of his right leg.  And finished with a square knot through the space between the first knots.

soundsFun was duplicating my ties on JonBond.  soundsFun is really good at matching my style, and does so when we are tying together.

We tied lead ropes and led the bound boys around the leather mart.