Saturday, February 4, 2012

suspended

SoundsFun suspended me during the 2nd of the Suspended Animation rope classes.

Despite his being an accomplished rope top this is only the 2nd time that soundsFun has suspended me.

For the initial chest harness and leg wraps he put a hood over my head to keep me from fiddling with the ropes.  Just before he lifted me off the ground he removed the hood.

This was surprisingly comfortable, but I will have rope marks.

One of the TAs of the class made some interesting observations.  He pointed out that despite the very flat lower edge that the carabiners do have a lowest point.  Wrapping to have the lines wrapping in order of increasing tension towards this lowest point keeps the lines from crossing and getting tangled.

The suspended animation technique of toplines uses three times as many carabiners as I am used to.