Monday, April 11, 2011

adult supervision

Back a couple monhs ago, I had been doing climbing webbing suspensions for a while.  It was time to do my first rope full suspension.

I contacted Max, and arranged for him to come over.  I had built up enough credibility with him that he was willing to provide adult supervision.

The ties were simple and effective.  The chest harness is a single simple friction with woven shoulder straps. The hip harness is a group of frictions.  The ankles are a simple limb loop.

The shibari ring was hung off the winch hook, but the lifts were performed with just basic rope block and tackle work.


SoundsFun was lowered to the ground, and a separate lift was performed face up.
The ankles were retied with separate ropes. 

SoundsFun swung his legs back and forth.  This required a response, and I reached for the bamboo in the corner. 

The bamboo is tucked into the rope separated from the flesh.  The knot holding the bamboo in place starts with a simple larks head.  There are a number of wraps to produce enough friction against the slippery wood.  The tie is finished with half hitches on both sides of the wraps.
Max teaches a slightly different carabiner style than is shown in books.  From the hook he hangs the shibari ring flanked by two carabiners.  This provides three separate places from which to hang rope without the lines getting tangled.  I like this, but I slightly prefer the visual aesthetic of the carabiner chain.

This is one of my proudest bondage moments.