Thursday, April 28, 2011

flying solo

There's a first time for everything.  The important events are sometimes only visible in retrospect.  Sometimes they are obvious at the moment.  This was obvious.

After I had performed a rope suspension under adult supervision, it was time to try it on my own.

I started with a standard chest harness.  I put an extra set of shoulder straps to spread the load. 

This was my first rope swiss seat.  In the supervised suspension I had to adjust the hip frictions immediately after the lift.  I wanted a tie that wouldn't move with an upward lift.  I finished the seat with a friction around the hip-bones to take the bulk of the weight. 

I tied two column ties to the legs and pulled the wrists tight to the outside of these.

I used the winch to lift straight from the ground.  I had done block and tackle work with webbing before, but wanted to focus on the knots, not on the lift.

I was proud of the the ties.  It was a wonderful session.