Friday, April 22, 2011

hotel room bondage

Mid Atlantic Leather (MAL) was my first big leather event.  It was my first chance to practice bondage in public.  It was also my first chance to practice hotel room bondage.

Hotel room bondage is not easy.  Most of us travel without all of our equipment.  I brought less than half of my rope to MAL.

Hotel rooms don't have hard points.  And woe be unto the person who tries to use the sprinkler head as a tie point.

Beds, chairs, tables, luggage carts all find their way into the bondage.  Some of the luggage cart suspension bondage that I see in photos makes me really uncomfortable.  The luggage carts can be really tippy if they get at all top heavy. (pardon the pun)

The non-swivel chairs in hotel rooms can often make for nice, but less useful bondage.

A lot of the bondage ends up being the equivalent of floor work, like the pretty photo below.


Sometime the desire for tie points builds to desperation, and so I acted out. (As can be seen below.)


The cleaning staff at leather events is accustomed to working around and working through some of our redecorating.  (picture below)


The hotel staff is often curious.  And rightly so.  We do make a bit of a (good) spectacle.  I have learned that it is important to properly select the gallery that can be viewed from the unlock screen of a locked IPad. 

At some level all hotel room bondage photos look alike.  But that's a small price to pay for the wonder of playing with people at the big events.