Saturday, April 30, 2011

wall flower

Dungeon time has been elusive this week. But we made a point of spending time together Friday night.

Intricate designs encasing a body part are called corset ties.  The hand corset is an example of this.  The karada rope dress is another example.  These are really nice ties for the meditation form of bondage topping.

I have seen pictures of, but had never tried, using the karada as a set of tie points for further bondage.

So I got out some chain, some locks, some home depot carabiners, and a lot of rope.

The chest harness went on quickly.  There really aren't too many knots. 

This was the first time that I had gotten to use a bowline on a bight on my own.  I used simple overhand knots for speed, even though double coin are more comfortable and pretty for the harness.    The legs are simple friction ladders.  Both the legs and the chest harness are tied a little bit loose since they will eventually get tension from the sides.

The lacing on the outside took a long time.  I was using a separate 50ft blue rope for each side.  When the rope isn't doubled it takes a long time to pull 50ft of rope through a knot or a bend.  This required tying both sides at the same time to equalize the tension.

It is pretty.  It gave me a good chance to spend time with rope in my hands with soundsFun.  But not too useful.