Monday, May 30, 2011

Demonstration on recon stage at IML

I did a demonstration on the recon stage at the IML leather mart on Sunday afternoon.

Overall it went really well.
The stage was smaller than they had ordered.  The sex swing stand seemed to be too wide.  There seemed to be a hazard of one of the legs falling off the edge of the stage.  So I went across the aisle and acquired a sling stand from Fort Troff.  On getting the stand back to the room I discovered that the bright red sling stand was missing one crucial piece.  I carried it back down to the vendor mart and exchanged it for a complete green sling stand.

I watched other demonstrations and decided to demonstrate bondage that could flow into other activities. 

I needed to prepare.

I got to put rope on colobondage28boy at an impromptu bondage party. 
I had a practice session on the actual frame with H in the hotel room
My plans to practice on codytx fell through.

soundsFun, seaDawg99, and I packed the sling stand and ropes and electrical toys and riding crop onto a borrowed luggage cart and took the elevator down to the convention hall.

When the people with the rubber sleep sack were done we set up the sling stand.  We placed a rubber wrestling mat to cover the bars on the floor.  I attached the shibari ring to the center of the stand and carabiners to the corner attach points.  My rope was hung on the aluminum frame behind the stage.  While unpacking the sling I got a cut on my finger.  soundsFun ran to the kinky medical supply booth to get a band-aid.

codytx and colobondage28boy suggested that they would be more comfortable if they were blindfolded for the more restrictive bondage.  soundsFun ran to a booth and purchased large leather bandana style blindfolds.

codytx and colobondage28boy stripped down to jock straps.  I started in shorts and combat boots.
I tied codytx wrists together in a two column tie.
I tied colobondage28boy wrists in a square lashing.
I added a suspension boxtie on codytx.
I used webbing to tie soundsFun's wrists behind his head. 
I stripped off my shorts over my boots and continued with the demonstration dressed in a jock strap and combat boots.
I untied colobondage28boy's wrists and tied an armbinder.  I asked him to kneel, and tied this into a midrope friction on his ankles.  I tied frapping lines.  I ground his face into my crotch.
I tied a swiss seat on soundsFun.  I continued this into a load bearing friction around the hip bones.
I shifted colobondage28boy onto his side to create open space under the shibari ring.
I positioned codytx on his knees and attached a vertical line to the chest harness.  I asked him to lean into the chest harness to make his chest parallel to the floor.  I used yellow webbing to tie his ankles to his thighs.  I mimed mounting him to demostrate that the position could be useful.  I received permission to hit him with a riding crop, and took a single swipe to each butt cheek.
I tied a chest harness on soundsFun.  I tied his arms with a two column tie behind his back.
I untied colobondage28boy and codytx.  I moved soundsFun under the shibari ring.  I tied vertical lines to the chest harness and hip friction.  I had him lean into the chest and hips.  I removed the slippery floor pad that I had used to cover the bars of the stand.  I tied a limb loop around his left ankle and broung his ankle up and back, centering his right leg under the shibari ring.  I mimed hip thrusts to demonstrate the usefuness of the position.  I got out the stun gun and hit his thigh.  I kissed soundsFun.
knottyBrent came onstage and teased soundsFun with the stun gun.  He hit soundsFun with his stun gun three times to the left thigh and once to the right thigh.  soundsFun later commented that his batteries hadn't been changed in a while.
I untied  soundsFun.  We tore down the sling stand and packed all of the rope and toys onto a luggage cart. 
I was physically and emotionally drained. We had drinks with knottyBrent back at the hotel room and relaxed.  I could begin to enjoy the weekend with an unclounded mind.

I noticed a number of friends from the SML community in Seattle in the audience. 
In addition to providing much appreciated help setting up and tearing down, seaDawg99 took pictures of the demonstration with his phone. A few of these are shown below.

The demonstration lasted about an hour.  I got a lot done.  I think that people enjoyed watching.  The three bottoms commented that the bondage was comfortable.  I was a proud service top.