Saturday, June 4, 2011

thoughts on IML

IML was a good experience.  But it was confusing.

I had been offered my choice of Friday or Sunday for the bondage demonstration.  I was told the crowd would be heavier on Sunday, so I chose it for my demo.  I have a tendency to over-analyze, and I spent the extra two days worrying.  I should have gone with Friday. 

There was less bondage than I expected.  My points of reference had been Delta and MAL, which as events are more bondage focused. 

I felt physically small.  And I am small when compared to a circuit party crowd.

This event had a lot of elements of a circuit party. Including some very pretty eye candy. But clothes don't make the man, and a circuit boy looking amazing in ass-less leather chaps isn't, by virtue of wearing them, a part of the leather community. (also I bet he's never had sex wearing those ass-less chaps.)

The hotel bars and parties felt more of a youth activity. They weren't a place where one could meet an experienced heavy player.

I had some fun sex. But this wasn't the focus of my weekend. The thing I did the most of was to spend time with my boyfriend, soundsFun. Being around him at critical moments calmed and centered me.

I need to learn the double-rope technique used by knottyBrent. It's visually stunning and a good teaching tool for well-dressed knots.

The leather mart was expensive for me because of a few specialized items. But most of what I need I have.