Sunday, January 29, 2012

animated rope practice

I am learning a different style of rope suspension.

There is a very talented group of rope bondage practitioners in Seattle known as Suspended Animation

A year and a half ago they taught a two hour class to the Seattle Men in Leather.  It was the first time that I had tied rope bondage. 
The Suspended Animation group is teaching a suspension intensive class to the public for the first time.

Suspended Animation emphasizes dynamic suspension.  Movement, swinging, twirling.  On the border into aerial acrobatics.

I spent a good chunk of this evening practicing their style of attach and lift.  A good portion of this practice was performed blindfolded to improve my muscle memory.

Performing attach and lift blindfolded.  SoundsFun's rigging is visible in the background.  The puppy (named Shibari) at left edge watched mildly amused.

I used a bag filled with chain as a practice weight.