Tuesday, February 13, 2024

now on JustFor.Fans

I signed up to post content on JustFor.Fans at https://JustFor.Fans/happyfrosh

I can’t deny that there’s an element of peer pressure at work.  A large fraction of our group of friends posts to at least one of the fans sites.  A lot of it is really hot, and these friends really enjoy the JustForFans hobby.

Mostly this seems like an extension of what was already happening in my life. I used to take a lot of still photos.  At one point I was taking ~1000 photos a month in the dungeon.  A lot of them were really good.  Most of the good ones are here on this blog.

Blogging has been challenging over the long term.  I have had 5 different platforms lose my content in some way or another. (I will not be taking down or pay-walling this blog, or the contained very hot historical content, but my ability to fix now now-broken links is limited.)  The paid services have a real incentive to keep content available, so I am hopeful that this could be a more permanent home.

On a side note, a hard drive failure left publicly posted content as my only backup. So, I treasure what had been publicly posted extra.  

I did experiment with video in the past.  Video and screenshots from the fisheye camera in the ceiling of the dungeon have been on this blog.  I did get explicit consent for video.  In addition, actual permanent warning signs were at every entry to the home and the door to the dungeon.  But these do not meet the requirements for paid sites, so I am largely starting over.

Video is still challenging for me. I am still struggling to create the storytelling that used to be easy in live scenes and in photos.  

My old video was usually unedited except for selecting a beginning and end of the scene.  While I was comfortable with photo editing software, video editing software is a different beast.  It is frustrating that Adobe uses different metaphors and conventions for stills and videos.  But I know that soon I will be able to make the editing software do what I want, and the only limitation will be my own awkward stylistic choices.

I know the practice that it takes to make video editing software an extension of me.  I have been re-editing the same scenes over and to make my actions smoother.  This is reminiscent of building the same Lego bunny sculpture over and over, or practicing my bondage rope up-lines blindfolded.

It does feel really good to return to content.

Everybody needs a hobby.